I said something stupid in my last AIPA post: “It’s not quite as much fun when the program works…”
It took me many frustrating days to connect AIPA to a MySQL database, and I blame the above sentence.
The reason why it took me so long is because I installed the 64-bit version of the MySQL server, instead of the 32-bit version. I have a 64-bit laptop so I usually install the 64-bit version of programs, but AIPA is a 32-bit program.
After reading a million Google results, I tried re-installing different connectors with different test programs in a million combinations. Eventually I found a post where someone else mentioned making the same mistake.
All fixed now! AIPA now has a new module, which allows other parts of the program (such as the module I’m creating next) to interact with the MySQL database.
Pingback: Artificial Intelligence sub-list | Ben's Bucket Blog
Pingback: AI 4: AIPA Shopping List | Ben's Bucket Blog